An effective English teacher job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this ELA Teacher Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
How do you write a job description for a ELA Teacher?
We are looking for an experienced English teacher to join our bright team. If you love English and have the ability to teach the language with patience and tact, let’s meet. Your main goal will be to create a supportive learning environment which will help your students meet their learning goals. Through interesting and diverse methods, you’ll teach them the important rules of reading, writing, and speaking in English. You’ll oversee their progress by tracking their assignment and exam grades, in order to provide useful feedback.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Essential qualities duties and responsibilities of an English teacher:
- Organize classroom lectures and coursework.
- Prepare materials and activities.
- Assign homework and interesting exercises.
- Identify students with special requirements and create individualized plans.
- Determine exam and assignment grades .
- Provide feedback based on workload and classroom behavior.
- Keep a record of students’ attendance and grades.
- Research new language teaching methods .
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict.
- Inform parents about their children’s performance.
- Collaborate with teaching staff and administrators to foster a good student experience.
- Previous experience as an English teacher.
- Knowledge of various teaching methods.
- Deep understanding of the national curriculum and English language requirements.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- A patient and resilient personality.
- Dedication to students and education.
- BSc/BA in English Language or English Literature; MSc is a plus.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job.This ELA Teacher Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Wilma Tran - GBR
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job