Underwriting Assistant Job Description
How do you write a job description for an Underwriting Assistant? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By using this sample job description template, you will have a head start.
How to write an Underwriting Assistant job description?
An Underwriting Assistant helps the underwriter to review and process applications such as mortgages, insurance, and loans. An underwriter assistant’s responsibilities involve customer service, clerical tasks, processing paperwork, and other administrative support services. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Reviewing all new submissions for completeness and acceptability.
- Updating our systems with policy information
- Maintaining open communication with underwriters and management
- Interface with our agents in order to market our accounts and provide customer service on a regular basis.
- Other duties may include: reviewing quotes and policies for accuracy and other administrative duties as assigned.
- At least two years experience servicing commercial insurance accounts required.
- Delaware Insurance Agent’s License preferred but not required (Will consider training/licensing).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be results oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong PC skills required.
By using this Underwriting Assistant job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Underwriting Assistant job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
No reviews yet