Legal Secretary Job Description
How do I write a Legal Secretary Job Description? Download this Legal Secretary Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Legal Secretary Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Provide secretarial support to one or more lawyers at the firm.
- Edit and proofread all legal documents.
- Maintain attorney calendar by scheduling conferences, depositions, and meetings.
- Welcome clients and conduct initial screenings of new clients.
- Go to court proceedings and type minutes.
- Organize all legal documents and ensure they are updated.
- Ensure all court documents are in order and filed before deadlines.
- Answer emails and phone calls, and when necessary, redirect calls.
- Research and authenticate important case information.
- Prepare different legal documents including appeals, motions, and petitions.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Associate degree in legal studies or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of legal documents and terminology.
- Skilled with MS Office.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
By using this Legal Secretary job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Legal Secretary Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Toby Davis - AUS
easy file :)
Jacqueline Kaufman - DEU
Thanks for the word file and your help
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description