A 2D animator draws illustrations and animations on design software. They are generally called graphic designers. Their job description is not just limited to drawing, but they also work for adding a 2 dimensional or 3-dimensional touch to a drawing. An artist brings an idea to life in the form of a drawing or illustration. Here we will provide some information about their responsibilities, along with a job description.
What are the responsibilities of a 2D Animator?An artist is just not limited to making drawings but is also responsible for bringing the idea in the client’s mind to life. Here are mentioned duties of an artist:
- Illustrates the artwork
- Draws an idea in the form of art
- Collaborates with a team to discuss the projects
- Draws 2D 3D sculpts
- Creates graphics using mesh, map, and different modeling tools
- Draws visual animations
- Receives and incorporates feedback as an edit to the work
- Focusses on client’s requirements
- Views the project from the client’s perspective
- Draws realistic drawings for the artistic visual effects
- Troubleshoot any problems faced during a project
These are some of the job responsibilities for an artist. If you feel like being experienced in all of these mentioned responsibilities, then you are good to go for an artist’s job.
Sample 2D Animator job description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample 2D animator job description that you may use in your job post:
Animators possess a creative eye and artistic aptitude. They can easily turn a script or a concept into an impressive computer-generated animation. To excel in this role, you must be highly skilled in CGI software and storytelling.
- Read scripts and storylines to understand animation requirements
- Prepare presentations with raw designs to customers
- Develop storyboards for the initial stages of production
- Create models, drawings, and illustrations by hand or electronically
- Join images with background graphics and special effects
- Ensure synchronization of frames and audio
- Participate in the editing process
- Direct the work of animation assistants
- Collaborate with production crew (designers, directors, etc.
Many Animators have a bachelor's in fine arts, computer animation, illustration, digital arts, media arts, or communications. Some Animators even have a master's of fine arts in animation or visual effects.
- Proven experience as an animator
- Knowledge of 2D, stop motion, and computer-generated animation
- Experience in project management
- Proficient in CGI software (Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya, etc.)
Download the complete 2D animation job description in MS word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Angie Avila - DEU
perfect file in my opinion, thank you!!
Christene Collins - AUS
Perfect document template, easy to finish my task
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?