Personal Trainer Job Description
How do I write a Personal Trainer Job Description? Download this Personal Trainer Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling personal trainer job description is vital when finding suitable Personal Trainer job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample Personal Trainer job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Personal Trainer Job Description?
This sample Personal Trainer job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a personal trainer?
- Consulting with clients to understand their goals and current fitness levels.
- Creating comprehensive workout and nutrition plans for clients.
- Motivating and guiding clients during their training sessions.
- Ensuring clients train safely with proper form and technique.
- Leading regular group workout classes.
- Using in-depth knowledge to answer clients' questions.
- Providing clients with regular feedback and accountability on their progress.
- Working with management and fellow staff to ensure the gym functions effectively.
- Soliciting new clients to sign up at the gym.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Personal training certification preferred.
- First aid and CPR qualification.
- Past experience as a personal trainer or group workout instructor.
- Available to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to demonstrate proper form and technique for exercise movements.
- Enthusiastic, encouraging attitude.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience creating successful nutrition and workout plans.
- Sales experience a plus.
By using this Personal Trainer job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Personal Trainer Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Galina Atkins - NZL
Thank you for the Doc!
Thao Jarvis - NZL
Micah Grant - AUS
Junie Wagner - NZL