Cost Accountant Job Description
How do you write a Cost Accountant job description that stand out? What are responsibilities of Cost Accountant? Download this Cost Accountant job description
.docx (0.02 MB)
How do you write a job description for a Cost Accountant?
We are looking to hire a Cost Accountant with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Cost accountants are expected to be detailed oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines. To ensure success, Cost accountants should be confident, professional, and meticulous with a keen interest in the cost-efficient operations of the organization. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and report-writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What are the responsibilities of a Cost Accountant?
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organization.
- Analyze and recommend costs and cost savings.
- Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Analyze the data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
- Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on the cost.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assist in audits and general ledger preparation.
- Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count program.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field (essential).
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) accreditation (essential).
- Certified public accountant (CPA) license (essential).
- 2 years of Cost Accounting work experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Solid cost systems background.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing, communication, and IT skills.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job.
This Cost Accountant Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Claris Gibson - USA
Arron Woodard - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.