Economic Analyst Job Description
How do you write an Economic Analyst job description that stand out? Download this Economic Analyst job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
How do you write a job description for an Economic Analyst?
Economic analysts are responsible for carrying out research and working with large data sets; examining data to assess the feasibility of various scenarios and communicate the implications of analysis and findings through formal reports and dashboards. Economic analysts are responsible for several activities, including the identification of key market drivers affecting the organization they represent, the building of data capture systems around those drivers, the evaluation and consolidation of data into a logical point of view, and the internal communication and translation of that point of view into a price set to support business decision-making.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does an Economic Analyst do?
- Prepare research studies to promote the business as well as validate areas of broader business strategy and focus following marketing leadership.
- Carry out analysis of the business, competitive, domestic, and international economic factors to determine their impact on the business of the company.
- Apply statistical techniques and tools to develop macro-economic forecast models that aid marketing unit in the development of corporate demand forecast.
- Responsible for preparing statistical forecasts used for long-term infrastructure planning and other special projects.
- Provide support to marketing and other relevant units in the interpretation and application of economic and other forward-looking information to support the development of the corporate forecast.
- Responsible for carrying out data analyses necessary for the review and validation of corporate forecast
- Responsible for the creation of computer-based analytic tools such as mapping programs, databases, and websites, and dashboards to provide business intelligence to users.
- Provide support to departments, especially commercial marketing group(s) in the use of a corporate forecasting system.
To work as an economic analyst, applicants are required to have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration and Management, or Computer and Information Sciences; Mathematical Sciences or Statistics. But a Master’s degree or MBA is often preferred by most recruiters
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job. This Economic Analyst Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Cassie Buck - USA
Very useful file, thanks
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job