A Letter of employment is a letter that serves as proof that an employee is currently employed by a particular company. The letter is often used to confirm an employee's experience in a specific field, residency in a particular location, or eligibility for particular privileges.
How do you write a letter of employment?
1. Who are you?
A letter of employment is drafted differently depending on whether you are the employer or the employee:
- The employer – You control the full content of the letter, but you have to make sure to respect the privacy of your employee. Too much information can have a negative impact on the employee (they might not get the job) or they might take legal action against you.
- The employee – The problems mentioned above will be avoided, but your employer has to approve of the letter and give their signature.
2. Other information you should include
Information about the employers:
- Contact details;
- Position in the company;
- Information about the employees:
- Dates of employment;
You may be required in some states to obtain a signed release form from your employee to disclose any information.
Sample letter of employment:
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Name,
I am writing you concerning the employment status of Name. He/She has been employed with us Full time/part-time for the time employed as Position.
Currently, he/she makes USD per Hour. He/She currently work hours per
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact the undersigned.
After downloading this letter and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your letter of employment. If this isn't the right letter you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com offers. We have many job descriptions for several positions, as well as resumes, career objectives, etc.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Porsha Lloyd - USA
Thank you for this!!
Edwina Le - AUS
perfect in my opinion, thank you!!
Kyung Krueger - USA
Grateful and many thanks *****
Nicki Ferrell - DEU
Useful for our company
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents
Our Latest Blog
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?
- How write and setup a contract?
- Business Have Some Essential Financial Statements – What are They?