3D Generalist Job Description
What does a 3D generalist do? What are the responsibilities and duties of 3D Generalist? Get everything to know here and download 3D Generalist Job Description.
.docx (0.02 MB)
A 3D artist draws illustrations and animations on design software. They are generally called graphic designers. Their job description is not just limited to drawing, but they also work for adding a 2 dimensional or 3-dimensional touch to a drawing. An artist brings an idea to life in the form of a drawing or illustration. Here we will provide some information about their responsibilities, along with a job description.
What are the responsibilities and duties of a 3D modeling professional?
An artist is just not limited to making drawings but is also responsible for bringing the idea in the client’s mind to life. Here are mentioned duties of an artist:
- Illustrates the artwork
- Draws an idea in the form of art
- Collaborates with a team to discuss the projects
- Draws 2D 3D sculpts
- Creates graphics using mesh, map, and different modeling tools
- Draws visual animations
- Receives and incorporates feedback as an edit to the work
- Focusses on client’s requirements
- Views the project from the client’s perspective
- Draws realistic drawings for the artistic visual effects
- Troubleshoot any problems faced during a project
These are some of the job responsibilities for an artist. If you feel like being experienced in all of these mentioned responsibilities, then you are good to go for an artist’s job.
Sample 3D Generalist Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample 3D generalist job description that you may use in your job post.
Animaticmedia is seeking a full-time Lead 3D Generalist/ Technical Director to join our team in Fort Lauderdale FL to work on pre-production and production for a variety of exciting international, cinematic commercial jobs with leading ad agencies. Working with our 3D team, your experience will be essential in determining “the look” of all our 3D spots. Additionally, you’ll be assisting other production artists to achieve the “look”. We are searching for an expert in Maya (lighting and rendering disciplines) as well as a creative problem solver with additional experience in modeling, animation, cloth simulations, rigging, particles, liquids, hair, and fur.
You will work closely with the creative director and production managers to schedule project milestones, allocation of freelancers and in-house artists. The 3D Generalist must continually identify and develop Improvements of animation pipeline efficiencies. Will be responsible for creating 3D animated shots from start to finish. You must have outstanding written communication skills as well as with clients and other junior artists. We are ramping up our 3D department in Manila and the relay of clear and accurate communication is very important.
- Work on all facets of the 3D pipeline on multiple projects with tight deadlines, including modeling, texturing, animating, lighting, render management, and compositing.
- Proficiency in animation, rigging, compositing, and motion capture (Natural Point/Motive) is a plus.
- The ideal candidate should be a generalist, able to jump from problems to solutions in short order.
- Preferably familiar with Maya Human IK System but can also do Keyframe Animation when necessary.
- Knowledgeable with V-ray for Lighting and Rendering.
- Work to meet deadlines within busy production schedules.
- Willing to learn developing assets for our Crowd Simulation Software, Golaem for Maya.
- Identify opportunities to share knowledge and educate others on the production process.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Mignon Carroll - AUS
Caitlyn Macias - GBR
Kymberly Jimenez - NZL
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.