Freelance Editor Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Editor? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
What is a job description for an Editor?
A Freelance Editor is responsible for developing content strategies for a company and producing compelling content for various channels. Their duties include verifying information and editing and proofreading content for accuracy and quality. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. This is useful when you want post your own vacancy, for example at Upwork or any other freelance portal. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Supervise a team of writers and coordinate with freelance contributors.
- Proofread and edit spelling, grammar and syntax.
- Ensure that content meets the company or client's needs, and follows our in-house style guide.
- Organize, modify and update existing content.
- Verify content and information.
- Work with the graphic design team to ensure a user-friendly experience.
- Collaborate with co-workers and come up with fresh, creative content ideas, keeping our audience in mind.
- Manage a busy workload according to deadline.
- Analyze data and analytics, and seek to increase reader engagement and retention.
- Knowledge of SEO and industry best practices.
- Represent the organization at launches, meetings, and press events.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or related field.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Writing, copy editing, and proofreading experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient in desktop publishing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media platforms.
By using this Freelance Editor job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Editor job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Alden Blevins - USA
Rochel Phelps - GBR
actually this file is really what I was looking for
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job