A Curriculum Vitae or resume highlights the most important aspects of your professional career and educational qualifications, for the company that you are applying for. If you have enough qualifications to apply for a specific job, you need to emphasize this, since it's an important differentiator for you.
What should a CNA put on a resume?
A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) resume focuses to highlight more on your skills instead of your past job experiences. It is designed to give a potential employer a positive first impression of you. In essence, your resume is your best marketing tool. The purpose of a resume is to tell an employer the specific skills and experience you have that directly relate to each job you are applying for. A well-constructed and effective resume requires that background work be done before you begin writing. Begin by taking a personal inventory. Examine and refine your skills, interests, accomplishments, and experiences. These include professional, academic, volunteer, and internship experiences.
This CNA Resume covers all of the key areas that must be highlighted to a potential employer:
1. Heading; The Heading, on the top of the page, includes your name and personal contact details (address, zip code, telephone number, and email address). Make sure the email is normal and has no special negative connotation. You may want to include both your campus address and a permanent address. Your phone number is very important.
2. Career Objective; The employers often state that they skip over reading a career objective, so we normally advise clients not to include one. Keep it short and underline or highlight keywords. Be sure that it is detailed and specific, and brief at the same time. 1 sentence and keywords are sufficient. It should lead the reader and direct him/her to the position you are interested in. It should include a) the action you want to do, b) the areas in which you want to do it, and c) the skills you have to contribute to that position.
3. Education; The last 5 years are the most important for the employers. Unless you have been in the field for several years, the education component will precede your work experience. List your current degree, major, and year of graduation, even if you have not yet graduated. On the next line, list the college's name and location. Do not include your high school experience. You may also list your GPA here if it is above a 3.5, as well as any merit-based scholarships, etc.
4. Related Coursework; If you are lacking in job or internship experience, a relevant coursework section can help demonstrate your skills in a specific field. List up to three classes and give a short description of the work you completed in them. Original research is especially impressive.
5. Related Experience; List the most recent information first. Indicate your job title, the name of the organization, location (city and state), and dates of employment. Next, describe the specific abilities and responsibilities you assumed and acquired in bullet format. Focus on the skills that directly relate to the new position. This is where you can include on-campus involvement, volunteer, and internship experience; remember, it does not have to be paid to count!
The rest of your Certified Nursing Assistant resume should give concrete examples or back up your career objective. It effectively markets a job applicant’s qualifications and future in an error-free and easy-to-read format. Download the CNA Resume template for free. Edit it as per your qualifications and skills.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Lorean Campos - USA
Exacly the document what I was looking for.
Maxie Walsh - USA
Fabian Bishop - DEU
Sherika Rosario - GBR
Thanks for providing this example
CNA resume is good
Handig cv voor CNA
Rosella Bh Bh
Very simple but good Certified Nurse cv
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?