Freelance Artist Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Artist? What does a Freelance Artist do? Download this sample job description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective freelance artist job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Artist?
A Freelance Artist is a self-employed professional who creates art for clients in different forms such as drawing, painting, portraits, sculpture, performance, and others. They are responsible for creating artwork, carrying out research, sourcing materials, maintaining a portfolio, and meeting client deadlines. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does a Freelance Artist do?
- Generate and develop artistic ideas.
- Sketch out ideas and/or make models.
- Create or develop a piece of work in response to a brief or commission.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Work in a studio or off-site, adhering to health and safety procedures.
- Source materials and develop relationships with suppliers.
- Research and visit locations, interview people, use libraries and the internet.
- Carry out administrative tasks - including those relating to running a studio and dealing with correspondence.
- Plan projects and create publicity - including writing press releases.
- Write project proposals for galleries, competitions or artist residencies.
- Carry out financial planning - including creating and managing a budget, calculating expenditure and managing tax and self-employment issues.
- Carry out self-promotion activities - including networking and attending private viewings and other events.
- Some fine artists do not have professional qualifications and may have started producing their own work after discovering their talent. However, to have an increased chance of success it is useful to be formally trained and to take relevant qualifications.
By using this Freelance Artist job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Artist job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Kisha Ware - NZL