Occupational Health And Safety Specialist Job Description
How do I write a Occupational Health And Safety Specialist Job Description? Download this Occupational Health And Safety Specialist Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective OHSAS job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. By using a professional health can safety job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How do I write a Occupational Health And Safety Specialist Job Description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described.
A critical step in an effective workplace safety program is creating a process to identify and assess current hazards on the premises or jobsite. Rigorous self-inspection combined with a visit or informational resources from the company’s insurer, local safety council, OSHA, etc., can help identify hazards. In addition, employees should be encouraged to recognize and report hazards or near miss accidents immediately. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties of a health and safety specialist?
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Proven experience as safety officer.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
After you've inspected your worksite and conducted a job safety analysis, turn your findings into written safety guidelines that detail your processes and expectations. By clearly defining your policies, you'll establish a culture of responsibility and accountability, better manage your risk and have materials readily available if an incident occurs.By using this Occupational Health And Safety Specialist job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Occupational Health And Safety Specialist Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Marth Flores - DEU
Very useful template
Marvel Hudson - GBR
Happy to find your page, keep up the good work!
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description