Content Editor Job Description
How do I write a Web Editing Job Description? Download this Content Editor Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a web editing job description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What is an online content editor?
- Research, write, publish and manage high-quality content inventively.
- Establish relationships with customers and colleagues to settle on new posts.
- Work closely with the team members that are Web Designers and Developers.
- Edit, proofread and propose improvements to written composed content.
- Work in a multidisciplinary group of Marketing Administrators and Photographers to enhance article presentation.
- Ensure the content is up-to-date and adheres to SEO guidelines.
- Utilize our Social Media pages for a better presence.
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations and controls.
- Determine and track important KPIs.
- Track and analyze website traffic to gauge prominence.
- Stay informed with new trends in web technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications or similar relevant field.
- Proven 3+ years of working experience as a Web Editor or a similar role in the Media Department.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress, Weebly, Joomla, etc).
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills with a demonstrable portfolio of published work.
- Experience with content creation software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of best SEO practices and tools.
- Detail Oriented & Creative thinker.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent content editing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A critical thinker.
- Excellent listening skills.
By using this Web Editing job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Web Editing Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
No reviews yet
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description