Behavior Contract Template
What should a behavior contract include? How do you write a Behavioral Contract? Find and download Behavior Contract right now!
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
The unique written agreements which are intended to change the student behavior are called behavior contracts. It should define what positive behavior is expected from the student. In order to establish a three-way communication/support system between student, parent, and teacher, each member of the group needs a set of responsibilities and expectations. The Behavior Contract will explain the criteria to which student, parent, and teacher should follow.
How do you write a Behavioral Contract?
There are 4 “Ws” of the behavior contract; who, what, when, and how well. The Who indicates the person that is required to perform the task and abide by the contract. The What depicts the actual task and kind of behavior that must be followed under different circumstances. The When denotes the time when the behavior or task should be completed
There are the following steps of writing a behavioral contract:
- Make a clear and precise plan for the contract and customize it.
- Setting up the meetings with the involved parties to make them understand the rules and regulations of the contract.
- Communication of the consequences.
- Follow up meeting plan schedules.
- Be consistent.
- Trust the plan and act patiently.
Behavior Contract Document:
Here is written a sample for you:
In order to establish a three-way communication/support system between the student, parent, and teacher, each member of the group needs a set of responsibilities and expectations. The following is an outline that when met by each member will reinforce the communication/support system and ultimately benefit each member.
The student will follow the “Class Rules” and therefore will:
- Give and receive respect.
- Actively listen to others and be listened to.
- Be able to learn as well as allowing others to learn.
- Be safe and act in a safe way.
- Make friends and treat others as they would want to be treated.
- Ask the student to relate daily school experiences.
- Acknowledge rewards and encourage positive behavior.
- Acknowledge the behavior forms or notes that are sent home by discussing them with the student and signing them. It is the student’s responsibility to return the behavior form the next day.
- Provide a safe and productive environment suitable for all students.
- Provide a variety of teaching techniques and strategies for each student’s individual learning style.
- Encourage behavior that is in the best interest of the students.
- Make parents aware of positive behaviors.
- Make parents aware of inappropriate behaviors.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Amiee Hoover(2/15/2022) - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Au Pair Placement Contract
Construction Building Contract
Sales commission agreement template
Media Release Form
Supplier Data Processing Agreement
Independent Contractor Agreement
Product License Agreement
Security Agreement Template
Sample Manager Employment Contract
Residential lease agreement with option to purchase
Furniture Purchase Agreement Template
Basic Real Estate Agreement Template
Rental Agreement Template