Diamond Setter Job Description
How do you write a Diamond Setter job description that stand out? Download this Diamond Setter job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Diamond Setter Job Description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Diamond Setter Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
How do you write a job description for a Diamond Setter?
We are looking for qualified diamond setters with 10 years experience in high end stone setting. Must be able to set round, and fancy shapes. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Diamond Setter do?
- Sets precious, semiprecious, or ornamental stones in rings, earrings, bracelets, brooches, metal optical frames, and other jewelled items, using hand tools.
- Cuts files setting to accommodate stones, using files, chisels and hand or electric drills.
- Positions stone in setting and fixes in place by pressing prongs around stone, by raising retaining metal ridge around stone, or by tapping edges of setting with setting tool hammer, forcing metal against stone.
- Smooths edges, using emery file pointed steel tool.
- Examines union of stone setting, using magnifying glass.
- May drill holes in settings preparatory to setting stones in piece.
- May replace stones in rings.
- May be designated according to stone set as Diamond Setter jewellery-silver. or according to item worked on as Stone Setter, Metal Optical Frames optical goods.
- Usually, diamond setters don't need a college education.
- The most common degree for diamond setters is bachelor's degree with 40% graduates, with only 35% diamond setter graduates earning high school diploma.
- Diamond setters who decided to graduate from college often finish.
- Some good skills to have in this position include color vision, physical strength and unafraid of heights.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job. This Diamond Setter Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Larraine Ho - AUS
I wan tto express my thanks