A clerk is an office person who maintains the record of an organization and saves it in the database for use in the future. He is a certified person and needs to get an educational diploma from a certified institute. He gains skills in managing data in both soft and hard forms. He has expertise in managing different data managing software. They perform different types of roles other than maintaining the data i.e., office support role and administrative role.
What are some clerical duties?
Below are mentioned some of the duties of the clerk:
- Manage and maintain the record of an organization.
- Enter the record either in hard form (in registers) or in soft form (in the computer) using different types of data management software, tools, and apps.
- Prepare the files of all the employees and workers of an organization.
- Receive phone calls from different customers and clients for their queries and questions.
- Plan and schedule meetings and appointments of clients and customers with directors and managers of the company.
- Check emails and send replies to the emails.
- Troubleshooting and recovery of the data in case of any mishap with data.
- Preparation of the salary slips of the employees of an organization.
- Receive and send a fax to associated partners and agencies for collaboration.
Clerical Assistant Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample job description that you may use in your job post.
We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team as a clerical assistant. The responsibilities of the clerical assistant include answering and directing calls, sorting the daily mail, maintaining filing systems, and typing up forms and other copies.
To be a successful clerical assistant, you should have excellent organizational and administrative skills. Ultimately, a top-notch clerical assistant should have good communication skills, strong telephone etiquette, and great computer skills.
- Answering and directing calls, taking messages, and making phone calls on behalf of the company.
- Sorting and distributing the daily mail, sending out bills, and arranging pickups for packages.
- Using office equipment to check emails, send faxes, make copies, and update computer databases.
- Typing forms, correspondence, memos, and other materials.
- Sorting, filing, and maintaining filing systems for efficient recordkeeping and easy retrieval.
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies.
- Completing assignments and projects according to instructions from supervisors.
- Overseeing and helping out new hires, office temps, or part-time students.
Download the ready-made Clerical Assistant Job Description in MS Word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Anastasia Perry - USA
Trina Harrell - AUS
Lavonna Schwartz - AUS
I just wanted to write to say thanks a bunch for the template provided
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.