Freelance Copywriter Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Copywriter? What does a Freelance Copywriter do? Download this sample job description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for a Freelance Copywriter?
A Freelance Copywriter is responsible for producing compelling content for various channels such as websites, print advertisements, and catalogs. Their duties include preparing engaging written text and editing and proofreading their content for accuracy and quality. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does a Freelance Copywriter do?
- Utilize a variety of writing styles appropriate for our company.
- Adhere to our policies and procedures.
- Follow our brand guide.
- Execute content projects as assigned.
- Publish content on web pages and social media channels.
- Monitor content success and progress.
- Monitor traffic and conversion.
- Give insights on the content performance.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of creative directors, freelance writers, editors, and publishers.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and create visually attractive pieces of content.
- Review and suggest improvements for the content written by other writers.
- Outstanding writing skills.
- Experience with proofreading .
- Good time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
By using this Freelance Copywriter job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Freelance Copywriter job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Katelin Pruitt - AUS
Thank you for the Doc!
Ying Lucero - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job