Post Office Job Description
How do you write a Post Office job description? What are the duties of a Post Office? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective post office job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a Post Office job description?
A Postal Service clerk is responsible for handling a variety of duties in a post office which include receiving and sorting mail, selling postage and stamps, weighing packages, assisting customers, and examining mail for correct postage. They usually possess good communication skills, are sales and customer-oriented, and pay attention to detail. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties of a Post Office?
- promoting goods and services to customers and doing your best to meet sales targets.
- weighing and measuring parcels and letters, working out postage costs and selling stamps.
- dealing with financial services, such as benefits and pensions payments, savings accounts and premium bonds.
- dealing with foreign exchange and health and travel insurance and helping customers apply for passports.
- processing customer payments for electricity, gas, phones, road tax and TV licenses.
- keeping records and making sure the books balance at the end of each day.
- in some cases, selling goods in a shop attached to the post office, such as small gifts or greetings cards.
- ensuring that the shop is clean and tidy and that stock is displayed appropriately.
- No formal academic qualifications are required to become a customer service assistant in a post office. However, applicants need to show they have numeracy, accuracy and good communication skills and an ability to sell. Related work experience, such as working in a shop, would be an advantage.
By using this Post Office job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Post Office job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Rosetta Decker - AUS
Miss Holder - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.