Newspaper Word Template
How do you make a newspaper layout using Word or Google docs? Download this newspaper template and use it for writing your own personalized newspaper
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.01 MB)
How do you make a newspaper layout?Tips for how to write a newspaper in MS Word or Google docs:
- The first step to constructing your story is accumulating the information you need, which may mean visiting the location where the story occurs, interviewing witnesses and individuals involved, and conducting additional research online.
- An angle is what makes a news story newsworthy, it is what gives it its theme and focus. It will be different from a hard-hitting political piece to writing a human interest story. The first paragraph of a news story reveals its angle. Start with a paragraph, page, or chapter that presents your story's angle.
- It is important to have a great opening for every story. The Lede is referred to as an opening in news writing. The five W's of the opening paragraph provide essential information about the story: who, what, when, where.
- Using what is known as the inverted pyramid structure, a good newspaper presents information in order of importance. The most important information, the Lede, is at the top.
- An interview with a person involved in a story is usually included in a good newspaper. As a result, the reporter can see things from different perspectives, akin to a short story or novel from an outsider's viewpoint.
- The journalist uses short sentences to convey his or her message. It is common for news writers to use the active voice over the passive voice in their writing.
- Journalists must gather information from multiple sources in order to tell true stories. It is important for reporters to verify the accuracy of the information they receive from their sources.
- Before a story goes to print, it passes from writers to editors in a fast-paced environment. It is important for all writers to spell-check their work and edit it for clarity and content.
What are the 5 main parts of a newspaper article?
- In news articles, the headline is the article's title. A headline should be short, without a lot of detail, and should grab the reader's attention. It usually summarizes the main idea of the article and is not a complete sentence.
- An article's byline indicates who wrote it. As well as the author's address, it might include the publication or news source for which the author writes.
- Locations are usually bolded at the beginning of articles. A well-known city or location can be written simply with its name, but a lesser-known city needs more information.
- An introduction to the article starts with the lead paragraph that answers the following questions: who, what, when, why, where, and, how, It is here that you will find the skeleton of the story.
- Following the lead are supporting paragraphs. Using explanations, details, or quotes, they expand upon the ideas introduced by the lead. On subsequent pages of many online magazines, you'll find these paragraphs.
Download this newspaper word template for free from our website. Make some changes to the document available in Microsoft word format. If you like this letter, please give us a big thumbs up. Your valuable feedback matters a lot to us.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Nella Wallace(9/21/2022) - NZL
Thank you for the Doc!
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Small Envelope Template
Envelope Printable Template
Editable Repair Work Order Template
Email List Applicants
Neighborhood Email List
Math Review Jeopardy Template
Management Executive Summary
Template For An Estimation
Estimate Sample Template
Envelope Folding Template
Envelope Sample Template
Envelope Format Template
Employee Career Development Plan
Emotional Letter To Boyfriend
Student Satisfaction Survey Template for Elementary Students
Lesson Plan Template for PE in Elementary School