Warehouse Job Description
How do you write a Warehouse job description? When looking for a Warehouse job description you can always download and use this one.
.docx (0.02 MB)
Writing a warehouse job description is a must when you're looking to fill a post in your company. A good job description should have all the right information that a potential new employee would want to know. They aren't the only ones to have to impress you. You need to take the first step by writing the best job description so that people will want to send in their resumes.
How do you write a Warehouse job description?
Your job description should consist of these topics:
- Job title;
The job title is the first thing people are going to notice about your job, so make sure it’s specific. Use industry-standard terms. For example, if you’re looking to hire a Warehouse worker, don’t title the role ‘Warehouse Clerk’.
- Company summary;
Open your job description with a short paragraph about your company and brand, and where the role will be based.
At the heart of this section is a short paragraph regarding the overall responsibilities of the role, and a short breakdown of daily tasks, preferably in bullet points. Include a short sentence on how this role fits into the company: who they’ll be reporting to, and how they’ll function within the business. Lots of companies tackle this section differently. Some like to use percentages to break down where management expects time to be spent on various tasks, others don’t. There’s no best practice here, as long as each task is clear and to the point.
- Skills and qualifications;
Remember, these skills fall into two different camps: hard or technical skills, and soft skills. Overall, be concise. And ensure you divide your skills between essentials and bonus, nice-to-have skills.
- Salary and benefits;
The salary is obviously a must. Besides the salary, what other benefits can you offer applicants? Do you offer flexible hours? Professional development opportunities? Free lunches? This is an opportunity to share the benefits of being a part of your company.
Warehouse Job Description sample:
The best warehouse associate job descriptions take 2-3 sentences to introduce your business, unique company culture, and working environment to prospective warehouse workers. This is your first opportunity to set your company apart from competing listings and sell yourself to job seekers.
Warehouse Worker Job Responsibilities:
- Completes shipments by processing and loading orders.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area.
- Completes deliveries by driving trucks or vans to and from vendors.
- Maintains truck or van by completing preventive maintenance requirements and arranging for repairs.
- Enforces inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Provides quality service by following organization standards.
- Preserves a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
- Promotes clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering the required information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Work Hours & Benefits
Here is a nice place to discuss working hours and benefits, advising interested warehouse associates of seasonal work hours and possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about the benefits, like vacation time and tuition, commuter, or childcare reimbursements, that set your business apart.
Warehouse Worker Qualifications / Skills:
- Time management;
- Reporting skills;
- Inventory control;
- Documentation skills;
- Equipment maintenance;
- Data entry skills;
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date.
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred.
After downloading this Job description template and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Warehouse job description. If this isn't the right job description that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other job descriptions that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Shemeka Peterson - DEU
Thank you for this!!
Marty Wilkins - NZL
I wanted to take the time to thank you. That is the least I can do.
This is a very easy to use warehouse job description
Rodolfo Lynn - USA
I was searching for something else, but this is very good to have, thank you.
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process