Heavy Haul Trucking Job Description
What do heavy truck drivers do? How do I write a Heavy Haul Trucking Job Description? Download this Heavy Haul Trucking Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Heavy Haul Trucking Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What do heavy truck drivers do?
- Deliver goods via a heavy truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new delivers.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to client on time.
- Take rest periods during trip.
- Applicable Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Certificate of Completion of a professional truck driving course preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a Heavy Haul Truck Driver.
- A clean driving record, as well as sound knowledge of truck maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of route planning, using both road maps and GPS devices.
- The ability to work long, irregular hours, and to remain focused throughout.
- Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws that regulate the road freight transport industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
By using this Heavy Haul Trucking job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Heavy Haul Trucking Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Shantay Stanton - DEU
The file is very good
Chau Garcia - DEU
Thank you for the Doc!!
Gerry Mann - NZL
I am very happy to see find this file