Education Coordinator Job Description
How do you write a Education Coordinator job description that stand out? Download this Education Coordinator job description for your convenience.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective education job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Education Coordinator Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
How do you write a job description for a Education Coordinator?
The Education Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all educational programs presented on site at the Environmental Nature Center. The Education Coordinator will encourage students' awareness and appreciation of the environment, broaden students' knowledge of science concepts, and foster students' commitment to the protection of the natural world.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
What does a Education Coordinator do?
- Provide peer review of management team, as well as proper performance reviews of teaching staff, both oral and written of overall job performance.
- Independently perform teaching observations as appropriate.
- Carry out and assist staff in developing appropriate student behavior through positive reinforcement strategies and techniques.
- Provide educational staff with annual training to review updates and changes in education programs.
- Coordinate with Community Relations Director to develop and distribute surveys and evaluations for review of programs.
- Identify and analyze competition in terms of pricing, services, and industry trends, and report findings to Executive Director.
- Assist in the development of monthly and annual reports.
- Act as Summer Camp Director.
- Provide Enrichment and Summer Nature Camp Teacher Training before each camp.
- Assist Community Relations Director in the promotion of the ENC’s school programs, Nature Camp and enrichment/community programs through phone calls, postal mail, email, etc.
- Assist the Community Relations Director in the interviewing, training and supervision of Leaders in Training.
- Assist the Community Relations Director in pursuing grants related to on site educational programs.
- Provide supervision of students at all times during the duration of classes and programs, extending to the release of students to guardians. Maintain the highest possible degree of safety.
- Enter new school and community programs into the databases and send school and community program confirmation/invoice emails weekly.
- Invoice schools that do not pay before or on the date of their field trip.
- Make weekly reminder calls to school and scout program participants and reminder calls and e-mails to public program and volunteer event participants.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and weekly staff schedules.
- Collect and review staff time cards before providing them to the Facility Manager.
- Review and prepare reports on ENC program participant surveys.
- Present Kudos and Tools from the ENC Naturalists at each staff meeting.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate flexibility.
- Knowledge of California plant and animal life highly desirable.
- Knowledge of California Native Americans, as well as local indigenous people highly desirable.
- Ability to handle a variety of animals including arthropods and snakes.
- Ability to memorize and recall facts, figures, and information.
- Ability to move up to fifty pounds and set up equipment.
- Ability to hike on trails, and traverse stairs and uneven terrain while carrying equipment.
- Ability to make independent decisions and respond to immediate needs of students, emergency situations, and program needs.
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is essential because of limited resources, costs, productivity and quality continuity.
- Ability to interact successfully with supervisors, teachers, parents and students.
- Fingerprinting for a background check will be required.
- Computer (Macintosh, Microsoft Office, Filemaker) experience required or willingness to learn.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must have own vehicle
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job. This Education Coordinator Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Joeann Arellano - USA
Thank you for creating it
Leonore Horton - USA
Thank you for making my mornings brighter.
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.