PC Repair Technician Job Description
How to write a Computer Repair Technician Job Description? What skills do you need to be an IT Technician? Download this Information Technology job description
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable IT job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample IT job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Computer Repair Technician Job Description?
This sample IT job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What skills do you need to be an IT Technician?
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers.
- Maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices.
- Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.).
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks.
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated.
- Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality.
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies.
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference.
- Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly.
- These IT technicians can advance their career if they completer a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field and an associate degree in PC maintenance technology will help candidates become Computer Repair Technicians, besides a certification in A+ from CompTIA, or others, such as Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and Cisco Certified Technician (CCT).
- They should have basic knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, and topology.
- Computer repair technicians need to keep themselves abreast of the latest developments in technology by acquiring new skills. They should be aware of system recovery programs.
By using this Computer or IT Repair Technician job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This PC Repair Technician Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Danilo Hines - NZL
Thank you for the Doc!!
Maira Skinner - USA
Forwarded the page and some templates to a friend who needs this.
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?