Aviation Technician Job Description
What does an Aviation Technician Do? Download the complete Aviation Technician Job Description right now by clicking on the MS Word doc download button.
.docx (0.02 MB)
A technician is a responsible person to look after the technicalities and associated issues and helps them eradicate the faults and errors. Technicians are also responsible to monitor and provide service to the machines and systems. Technicians often find relevant opportunities and workshops and industries. Here you will find some major duties of an Aviation technician along with a detailed job description.
What does an Aviation Technician Do?
A technician is responsible for the below-mentioned list of duties. Some tasks might differ in accordance with the industry, but majorly the duties are the same. Here is the list:
- Monitor work systems;
- Provides service to ensure greater work output;
- Identifies the issues;
- Helps repair the issues in the equipment;
- Runs multiple tests to ensure the safe working;
- Drafts reports on the faults and error history;
- Keeps an eye on the maintenance and required system updates;
- Provides valuable suggestions and advice to the machine owners to maintain the quality;
- Replace the faulty components;
- Timely oils and lubricates the parts for the smooth working;
- Collaborate with the machine/equipment manager to estimate the working of the machine.
These are the major duties of an aviation technician. Next, you will find a free job description for an Aviation Technician.
Sample Aviation Technician Job Description:
Our experts have written a detailed job description for Aviation Technician along with the required qualifications. Here is written a short segment for you to develop an idea:
An aviation maintenance technician is expected to perform in shifts at any hour of the day or night. Overtime and weekend work are common for this job. When planes and helicopters land, they must be thoroughly checked prior to take-off within a few hours of landing, regardless of the time. These technicians must be able to accomplish detailed tasks and record their work, often in a short amount of time. Aviation maintenance technicians must be able to keep a cool head in stressful conditions.
While many aviation maintenance technicians work in hangars, and a great deal of work is done outdoors. Military planes in the Air Force generally have maintenance work done inside, but a Navy aircraft carrier has no hangars. The technician must be able to work in all types of weather and at high noise levels. Technicians are required to wear protective gear such as noise-canceling headphones while working.
All aviation maintenance technicians must follow FAA guidelines. Some planes are now equipped with monitoring systems that give technicians easy access to information, but most aircraft require the technician to climb ladders or crawl into tight spaces to visually inspect parts and make any repairs necessary. Aviation maintenance technicians must demonstrate high mechanical aptitude.
- Organize efficient and resourceful work plans.
- Perform work safely and efficiently to deliver quality.
- Conduct ground operations of aviation maintenance and perform routine inspections and administrative responsibilities.
- Check, maintain and troubleshoot aviation maintenance work such as repair of engines, power units, power train systems, rotor systems, propellers, and specific electrical parts.
- Maintain aircraft components such as fuselage, rotor blades, wings, and movable and fixed flight control surfaces.
- Repair and service aircraft fuel and hydraulic systems.
- Adhere to established operating procedures.
- Conduct prompt aircraft maintenance as per schedule.
Download the complete Aviation Technician Job Description right now by clicking on the MS Word doc download button. We are open to ideas, if you have any then leave them out after downloading in the feedback box. Head towards our home page and click on the categories to get a list of thousands of relevant documents.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Britany Fleming - USA
Thank you for creating something so useful for me
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description