Warning letter to employee for poor performance
How to write a warning letter to employee for poor performance as HR manager? When writing a warning letter from HR, download this sample warning letter
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
When you receive multiple complains from different colleagues about a certain employee, then that issue needs to be dealt with. Maybe they're not working to their full potential or they create a hostile working environment. Whatever the issue may be, sending them a warning letter will show them that you won't be tolerating their behavior any longer and that they need to work on their attitude.
How to write a warning letter for tardiness or poor performance as HR manager?
When you noticed that an employee is not respecting the procedures and rules prescribed by the company for their staff while carrying out their duties at the workplace, it's important to give a verbal and written warning. More specifically, when you find staff in violation of guidelines for Employees at Work Handbook, which was handed over to you during their onboarding procedure, they need to be properly informed and it must been registered in your HR systems.Guidelines for writing a warning to your employee:
- Determine the reason for writing the warning. There will be an outcome for your warning, either you want to improve the employee's behavior or are you paving the groundwork for termination.
- Discuss the situation with others at the management level so you can get some useful insights. Determine who will actually write the letter and who will deliver it.
- You wrote a warning that could become a legal document, so you should always use formal guidelines. This will ensure that your written warnings are taken seriously and have the desired effect.
- Violating company policy can lead to termination of employment. If you have an employee handbook, copy the policy or policies the employee broke and include it in your warning letter.
- Make sure to include all of the important details in your description of the incident, including when it happened, what transpired, and who was involved. This will help ensure that your account is convincing and persuasive.
Poor performance warning letter to employee sample:
It has been noticed recently that your performance is not on par with the acceptable level. This has been confirmed by the continuous complaints from your direct manager and your colleagues. You have been neglecting your duties either intentionally or unintentionally. You have fallen behind in many of the projects and tasks that were assigned to you. Despite the several verbal warnings, you did not show any signs of progress.
In the light of what has been said above, we are forced to escalate the matter to the next level. Please consider this letter as an official written warning. We would have preferred not to reach this stage but we were out of choices.
You are required to improve your performance and increase your productivity. You have done it before and we are confident that you can do it again. If there is a specific reason stopping you from performing at your best level, then please share it with us so that we understand the problem and work it out together.
A reevaluation of your performance will be conducted within [two weeks] from now. We are looking forward to some dramatic improvements.
By downloading this Warning letter from HR Department, you can immediately start with a strong basic message that you can use to create a perfect personalized version for your own. A warning letter should bring your point across quite firmly. This template will let you finish much more quickly than if you started from scratch. That leaves you with more time to focus on what really matters!
Every essential piece is covered in this Warning letter from HR Department template. Feel free to download our basic or advanced template designs. They are intuitive and are available in several different formats, such as PDF, WORD, XLS, etc.
Print out your Warning letter template now, in order to make sure you will grab your staff members’ attention! Download this Warning letter from HR Department template and let your employee know that you don't appreciate their behavior.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
great letter format
I really rate you high on what you are doing. Everything on this site is excellent, please keep it up. Well done!
joemar sacramento cruz(10/20/2021)
Layne Burch(2/11/2021) - GBR
I was searching for something else, but this is very good to have, thank you.
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Employee Warning Notice Form
Employee Final Warning Letter Template
Employee Absence Warning
Employee Absence Warning Letter Template
Employee Warning Notice
Disciplinary Action Form
Employee written warning template free
Warning sheets for employees
Follow Up Verbal Warning
Employee Write Up Form Template
Employee Warning Letter Template
Employee Warning Letter Sample
Employee Warning Notice Template
Early Warning Notice Template
Employee Written Warning Form
Employee Lateness Warning Letter Template