Health and Wellness Coordinator Job Description
What skills do you need to be a Health and Wellness Coordinator? Download this Wellness Coordinator job description for your convenience.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective health, fitness and wellness job description is vital when attracting the right talents. Use this Health, Fitness and Wellness Coordinator Job Description template for your inspiration when you need to create a job posting that is clear and concise.
What does a Health Fitness Wellness Coordinator do?
Fitness and wellness coordinators often work in a gym or health care facility, and are responsible for providing a wide range of health-related programs and services. They may work in a fitness centre or similar environment. The role they perform is primarily administrative and their objective is to ensure that they satisfy their clients by developing programs that meet their health and wellness needs.
Their responsibilities can involve developing programs, leading programs, monitoring staff and providing staff training. Their job involves coordinating schedules and resources. They are also responsible for ensuring that the facilities are clean and available for assigned groups or activities. Client safety is a priority for fitness and wellness coordinators. In some cases, they may work directly with individuals with specific health needs.
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described.
However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
- Provide individual support or counseling in general wellness or nutrition.
- Track attendance, participation, or performance data related to wellness events.
- Prepare or implement budgets and strategic, operational, purchasing, or maintenance plans.
- Maintain or arrange for maintenance of fitness equipment or facilities.
- Develop marketing campaigns to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness and wellness programs.
- Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, wellness and fitness programs, events, or services.
- Teach fitness classes to improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, or general fitness of participants.
- Select or supervise contractors, such as event hosts or health, fitness, and wellness practitioners.
- Respond to customer, public, or media requests for information about wellness programs or services.
- Recommend or approve new program or service offerings to promote wellness and fitness, produce revenues, or minimize costs.
- a bachelor's degree in a subject area such as exercise science or health education.
- courses in business management.
- a master's degree graduate studies may provide an advantage to those seeking work in this field.
If you wish to use the content provided to make a functional job description, than you normally also need to includes relevant job details of the physical requirements, as well as certain movements that workers may encounter while on the job.
By using this health, fitness, wellness job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Fitness and Wellness Coach Job Description template is fully editable and printable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Elayne Reid(12/13/2021) - GBR
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description