Video Game Tester Job Description
How do you write a Video Game Tester job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a Video Game Tester job description?
A Video Game Tester has a passion for gaming and plays video games that are in the development stages to check for errors or bugs. They ensure the quality assurance of the game by performing thorough testing, exploring and repeating levels, and completing all stages. They inform the development teams of any glitches or irregularities encountered, and recommend modifications or extensions. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Playing the game to completion.
- Completing all side quests and exploring all levels.
- Finding and exploring locations not anticipated by the game designers.
- Making a note of all glitches and bugs in the game.
- Collecting all XP points and leveling up characters.
- Achieving the highest character level.
- Playing with different characters.
- Communicating any issues to the game designers.
- Recommending game additions or modifications.
- Rating the game in terms of enjoyment and difficulty.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Previous experience as a video game tester.
- Passion for gaming.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Experience with PC, console, and mobile games.
- Advanced understanding of game dynamics, sandbox explorations, side quests, and hidden levels.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to focus for long periods.
- Patience and persistence.
By using this Video Game Tester job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Video Game Tester job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Alishia Newton(12/21/2021) - AUS
Exacly what I needed
Bennie Lucas(12/21/2021) - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description