IT Technician Job Description
What tasks do technicians do? Refresh Technician: What it is and how to become one. Download this PC Refresh Technician Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Information Technology job description is vital when finding suitable IT job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample IT job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What tasks do technicians do?
This sample IT job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Perform reactive troubleshooting to effectively identify potential incidents or problems, and attempt to eliminate them to occur in the future.
- Install, upgrade and troubleshoot EUC equipment (desktops, laptops, and associated devices).
- Provide software break/fix services and replacement of non-warranty assets for end users.
- Provide network support for device configuration, for IP addressing, and direct TCP/IP output as needed.
- Configure and support end users on mobile computing platforms (WinCE/Android).
- Provide on-site hardware support for general troubleshooting and problems for end user computing technologies.
- Provide regular, accurate, and timely feedback regarding customer requirements which shall include supervising assignments and maintaining timely communication with sales, operations, and branch office personnel.
- Utilize problem management database and systems to track and report on customer calls and requests.
- Communicate technical information to technical and non-technical team and customers.
- Deskside support services as required.
- Requires 3+ years of related work experience.
- Sound knowledge of imaging tools (Ghost, MDT, PXE, MCT, SCCM).
- Sound knowledge of data backup and recovery tools (USMT, Windows User Profile Paths).
- Installing, upgrading, and migrating to Windows 10.
- Deploying Windows 10 in large enterprises.
- Configuring hardware and applications.
- Configuring network connectivity.
- Configuring access to resources.
- Configuring mobile computing.
- Monitoring and maintaining systems that run Windows 10.
- Configuring backup and recovery options.
By using this PC Refresh Technician job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This PC Refresh Technician Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Anh Odonnell - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?