How do you start a condolence letter?
Condolence letters are usually short and compact. It is not recommended at all that you write a lengthy condolence letter. Since the person is going through a lot, the only purpose of your letter should be to make him calm somehow. Here are some steps for you to draft a short message:
- Firstly, outline the structure of the letter (format);
- Try to stay honest with what you say to the affected person;
- Highlight the main idea of the letter, its purpose;
- Polish the words in a meaningful way, until you have achieved the level of satisfaction with what you have and what you need;
- Speak aloud the content of your letter and use a motivating and encouraging tone. The tone of your letter should be encouraging and fruitful for the person.
- Choose real words;
- It would be best if you make the person calm through the reality-based facts.
Below are attached some sample condolence speeches for your help and ease: