How to Create a Certificate? Expert Guidelines and Free Samples.
What is a certificate? It is a written, digital or printed document that is used to indicate somebodies achievement for a particular undertaking. A good example is an employment certificate which proves that he or she has successfully worked for a certain company.
There are various types of certificates such as an award certificate, medical certificate, etc. Having a certificate template is handy if you suddenly need to create one for one or multiple employees within your company
What Are the Necessary Components of a Certificate?
When creating a certificate, such as an employee grade, success certificate or any type of certificate, there are certain elements or parts that need should be included into the document for it to be really functional, effective and useful in the future life or career. The necessary parts of a certificate are:
- Title – the title is the most important part of any certificate since it should indicate the type of certificate. The title should be clear, readable and visible from a distance.
- Presentation line – the presentation line contains a short statement and serves as an opening before the name of the individual or recipient is stated. Often the words “is awarded to” or “is hereby presented” are used but there are many other samples online.
- Recipient – after the presentation line, the name/s of the recipient should be stated to indicate the individual to whom the certificate is given to. This can also be a list of people in case you want to reward a team.
- From – this refers to the organization, company, institution or individual that provided the certificate to the receiver/recipient. It also looks even more professional to add a company logo.
- Description – the description clearly explains the purpose or reason for the certificate in a few sentences. Best to summarize the individual or group’s achievements, characteristics, etc.
- Date – this section indicates when the certificate was given or earned. The date should contain the month, day, and year.
- Signature – The second most important component of a certificate is the signature/s of the authorized individuals (from) handing out the certificate.
- Seal – Due to the fact that a certificate mostly likely is an official document, having official company or organization’s seal is a necessity.
If you are creating a certificate from scratch, it is best to make sure that at least all the components stated before are present in your draft.
Certificate Of Completion template
Award of Excellence Certificate
How to Write a Certificate?
Did you know that Microsoft Word contains a lot of editable sample certificates? In Word, open and select from the various pre-made templates available. They have a searchable online database. Did find the example you are looking for. On this page, we offer a variety of certificates in Word and completion certificate examples for you to download for free. You can easily import the sample to the MS Word and adjust it to your needs. After you have selected the template you want to use, fill in all the necessary and essential information.
Certificate Of Achievement example
Certificate of Appreciation Word Example
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of a Certificate?
The main advantage of a certificate is that it can be used as a proof of attendance during specific activities like training programs, school, college, work, and conferences. Certificates can also be used by individuals applying for a specific job since a certificate can be proof that an individual was previously employed at a certain company with a specific set of skills.
Certificates can be easily created and the information stated could be edited therefor a signature, stamp and a clear reference of proof is needed. Sometimes certificates don’t include all the important information needed. Nondigital certificates can easily be damaged by fire, water or bad usage. Make sure to put them in a safe and use copies to show.
Certificate of Completion Example (Training)
Scholarship Award Certificate
Some Guidelines for Creating a Certificate
- When preparing a paper certificate, it is important that you choose a high-quality type of paper for the certificate that you want to print.
- Choose the right color for the certificate that you will be creating. Bad colors look bad and can make the certificate difficult to read.
- Layout your certificate in a proper way and make sure that the information you will be writing in it is not cluttered. Sometimes less is more.
- Customize your certificate by using several types of fonts and sizes, although avoid using too make sure you don’t use more than two font style (excluding logo). In this way, the certificate stays professional.
- Make sure that the name/s of the recipient in the certificate is spelled correctly. Double check.
- Using a template? Choose an appropriate style and design depending on the certificate’s purpose.
- Proofread all the information given on the certificate before printing it. You can also to a pre-print on less quality paper if that helps to find mistakes.
- Keep the style the same if you print levels of certificates through the months. Better spend some time to make a superb design than creating a new design every week. Save your work for later usage.
- Type: doc