5 Sample Recommendation Letter Templates for Employee
As an employer, it sometimes happens that one of your best ex-employee that extended his career outside your company will ask for you if you could write him/her a recommendation letter for employment or in order to get admission at a university or college. These (required) letters serve as a proof of good reference for many companies, schools, and other organizations. This so-called recommendation letter often used to determine whether the employee is eligible for what he/she is applying for at her/his new job.
To help you (ex)employee you want might want to help by writing a good captivating recommendation letter for employment but at the same time, you don’t want to spend hours writing it, therefore, we have some great templates that you can check out and use as a base reference. They will help you to spend less time writing or dictating while still delivering quality! Besides the sample recommendation also keep on reading if you want some great tips on writing well-formulated recommendation letters. Feel free to download and edit our free samples.
The Writing Recommendation Letter Basics
Every now and then you as an employer (or secretary), will need to write an employer recommendation letter. Often this happens when a (former) employee is on the hunt for a new job or if he/she is planning to go to college or university again to extend knowledge. For him or her, it is very valuable to receiver a well-written recommendation letter to increase the chances that the result of the application will end up thumbs up. A small help can do a lot! If you want to help, it would be a great idea to just do it. People you help today will help you tomorrow but you can also always say no if you have your reasons or just have nothing good to say. However, saying no when you know you will not be able to write a good one is also not a bad thing just always stay polite because bringing down somebody else his/her future is a waste of time.
Recommendation Letter example
When you are writing a job recommendation letter, make sure to clarify to whom you are writing it and what to write. By doing so, you will be able to match the employee’s skills and experiences with what the company needs. Not that you need to make them up but to make sure the right skills get enlighten. It can be the most important skills you know are the second most important skills that should be in the recommendation letter.
Sample Letter Of Recommendation
The Right Letter Format
Recommendation letters should be in a business letter format. So start with the usual business contact information if it’s not already pre-printed:
- contact number
- email address
Then open with a salutation and mention the name of the person (in a formal way) when given.Next is, of course, the main body of the letter. The body of the letter will explain the relationship between you and you (former) employee. How well you know each other and for how long. Clearly state his skills, experiences, character, and what makes him/her a perfect applicant. It helps to cite specific achievements with clear references and examples. At the end, clearly, mention how confident you are in your (former) employee and wish him/her all the best. Due to the fact, the receiver sometimes wants to check whether the letter is not a fake it prefers not to forget to leave your contact details.
Recommendation Letter Engineering Student
Eagle Scout Recommendation Letter
What not to write in a Recommendation Letter?
So, let’s assume you want to write a positive recommendation.There are a few things that you need to avoid. Often common mistakes that make the letter less trustworthy, too romantic or damages somebody future career.
- Skip the personal relationships: Always keep the main focus on his/her strengths and professional work ethics.
- Mistakes, error and/or bad behaviours. Everybody makes mistakes that is part of the learning curve. So why mention them?
- Personal conflicts. Stay professional you are not her/his new boss. Some relationships work out other don’t. People are not the same and have different opinions about life.
- Honesty. The truth is more enough. Don’t make them a villain but also no Superman but just Clark doing is work. Stick to the truth and write it in a former way.
Letter Sample for an Employee Recommendation
Some extra tips not to forget
So when writing the perfect recommendation letters:
- Make sure to review the exact requirements are and what needs to be included in the letter
- Choose right recommendation letter format: employment or academic-related.
- Speed up the process by asking his/her resume and a copy of her cv so you don’t have to do any guessing.
- Check whether you know the person that will be reading the recommendation letter.
- When using a template or example letter stay always a little but unique. A small personal touch is not only good for the letter itself but also give a feeling to you former employee that he/she means something to you. Future paths can cross.
Feel free to check out all of the templates and examples available. All the free samples will be extremely in completing this task. Most of the templates are editable in Microsoft Word. Don’t forget to bookmark this page for future usage and good luck!