Supply Chain Entry Level Job Description
How do you write a Supply Chain Entry Level job description? What are the duties and responsibilities of Supply Chain? Download this sample job description template now.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Supply Chain job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a Supply Chain Entry Level job description?
An Entry Level Supply Chain Analyst works to ensure process improvement for supply chain operations. Their duties include collecting and organizing logistical and supply chain data, reducing inefficiencies, overseeing inventory procedures, ensuring timely delivery, and providing recommendations to boost performance and reduce costs. They also collaborate with other teams to implement changes and systems and research and evaluate suppliers and shipping providers. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of Supply Chain?
- Create processes and methods to gather supply chain data.
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvements.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (e.g. warehouse-slotting, route planning).
- Develop requirements and standards (e.g. packaging, procurement, delivery).
- Oversee inventory procedures.
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules.
- Evaluate vendor operations (e.g. freight forwarders) according to quality standards.
- Help foster trusting relationships with business partners.
- Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems.
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain’s performance.
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain Analyst, Logistics Coordinator or similar role.
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management).
- Working knowledge of MS Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP).
- Analytical mind with business acumen.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational ability.
- BSc/BA in Logistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics or a related field.
By using this Supply Chain Entry Level job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Supply Chain Entry Level job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Alysa Wu - NZL
Template goes beyond the stars