Triage Nursing Job Description
How to write a Triage Nursing job description. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs. Reach job seekers directly.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Triage Nursing job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Triage Nursing?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Monitors and responds to triage calls in person and/or on the nurse phone line.
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and then directs them to emergency rooms (ERs), urgent care centers, and home care advice or to schedule patients to their physician during office hours.
- Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief assessment and on familiarity with a patient’s condition and history.
- Uses computerized clinical decision making including algorithms that closely imitate physician logic and thought patterns, as guide.
- Sends patients with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to ER immediately or arranges for ambulance.
- Provides appropriate home health advice to patients who do not need to go directly to the ER.
- Ensures accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients’ record via Epic Ambulatory Electronic Health Record system.
- Arranges appointments for patients who do not need to go to ER but need to see a physician. Consults with physician as needed.
- Serve as a clinical resource and professional role model for other nursing staff.
- Prioritizes work tasks and services and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in medical chart reviews and compiling data for audits and reports.
- Assist Managing Nurse with developing nursing policies and procedures.
- Maintains accurate, clear and concise progress notes, problem lists, and medication lists.
- Provides patient education regarding disease processes, therapies and healthful behaviors
- Minimum of three years experience in direct patient care, preferably in an ambulatory care setting.
- Minimum of three years increasingly responsible nursing management, experience preferably in out-patient setting.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Experience in Multi-Group Health Center setting preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team building skills.
- Computer skills and knowledge of word processing.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Triage Nursing job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Triage Nursing Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Astrid Maxwell - AUS
Thank you for this great document
Shane Doyle - NZL
Thank you for this!!