Since a project is basically a piece of planned work that has to be completed over a period of time and intended to achieve a particular aim, working with a structured approach, to optimize use of resources in order to achieve the goals is important. When an organization is working on various projects, and every project is unique, multiple teams can be made to achieve higher levels of consistency in processes and to meet deadlines effectively and efficiently. In the initial stage of a project, it's common to write a proposal and therefore it's useful to have a checklist available to see if you included all important topics.
What do you need for a Budget Proposal?
A proposal should over all the important activities to successfully deliver a project. Make sure the proposal has a clear beginning and an end. There can be different types of project proposals. The term Proposal in Project Management, refers to a document that identifies the strategy, tactics and operational activities to do the project and how to achieve the project goals. A Proposal for example could include the following:
Budget Proposal Write-up (Technical)
- Proposal write-up consistent with Client's terminology, sequence and requirement of ITB
- Compliance with ITB requirement
- Job Objective & Definitions
- JDL and Client Responsibilities
- Basis and Assumptions
- Codes & Standards and Software
- Project Execution Methodology and Project Duration
- Deliverable Quantity
Budget Proposal Organization
- Grant Year X
- Vendor #XXXXXX
- STAFF CATEGORY
- Executive Director: $XX,XXX.XX * XX%
- Staff member : $XX,XXX.XX * XX%
- Staff member: $XX,XXX.XX * XX%
- Salary Subtotal
- Executive Director @ XX.X%
- Staff member @ XX.X%
- Staff member @ XX.X%
- Benefits Subtotal
- STAFF TOTAL
- EQUIPMENT PURCHASE
- Copier Purchase
- Copier Lease
EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE AGREEMENTS
- Copier Lease/Maintenance
- Computer/Server/Website Maintenance Agreements
- Information Technology
- Liability Insurance - Office
- Liability Insurance - Directors & Officers
- Worker's Comp
- Payroll Service
- Staff Training/Education
- Computer Software
- Meeting Room Charge
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP DUES/SUBSCRIPTIONS
- Organizational Membership Dues
- Other Membership Dues
- Newspaper Meeting Notices
- Office Supplies
- Program Supplies
- Postage and Overnight Mail
- Interpreter Services
- Cell phone service
- Land line telephone service
- Teleconference Line
- Internet service
- Travel - Lodging
- Travel - Meals
Proposal Write-up (Commercial)
- Price lump-sum or reimbursable
- Payment Currency (as required by Client)
- Payment terms for lump-sum or reimbursable Price
- Change Order
- Conditions of Contract reviewed / incorporated in proposal (if received from Client)
In general, a Project Manager (PM) is responsible for writing the proposal, or is heavily involved in incorporating the right knowledge. While drafting a proposal, it's important to ensure the deliverables, which are expected to be on time, according to budgeted resources, quality requirements and within scope.
Download this Proposal Checklist template to log internal and external issues for your benefit. For more information about the most important Project Management documentation, check out this Project Management Kit and a useful free Project Plan.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Lanita Zimmerman - DEU
THANKS for this letter
Tyesha Giles - GBR
Inspiring document, professional and easy to customize for my work
Loren Barker - DEU
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.