Order Cancellation Letter
- .docx (0.01 MB)
We all order products online from time to time. It's easy and you get your package shipped all the way to your home. But sometimes you need to cancel in order for some unforeseen reason and that has to be told to the shipper so that they can deal with the situation. You should also request a refund since you don't need your product anymore.
How do I write a cancellation order for a purchase order?
It doesn't matter what's the reason for the cancelation of an order. Always make sure you stay polite and clear about what you like to achieve. Even if you don’t consider the cancelation to be your fault.
What should a PO cancelation letter contain:
- Clearly state the reason (or reasons) why you can’t fulfill the purchase order;
- Company service desk, help desk receiver information (name, address…);
- Name of department or person taking purchase orders;
- Your personal or company’s information;
- Item number and description;
- Quantity of the order;
- Order number for the items you are canceling;
- Order placement date;
- What items are you canceling;
- What items you are not canceling (if for instance, you are able to only partially complete the order);
- Description of the items you are canceling (quantity, size, inventory number, etc);
- When the cancelation will take effect;
- Why you are canceling the order;
- A request for confirmation of the cancelation by the customer (usually in writing, but email is often acceptable);
- Contact information that the customer can reach you on with any questions (email, phone number);
- Copies of purchase orders, invoices, and receipts used for the order;
- Apologize for the inconvenience that you might have caused;
Make sure to also remind the company about any action they need to do and provide contact to reach you with questions. As you can see, this is a long list of points to consider. So to make it easier, here is an example of how a PO cancelation letter should look like.
I would like to kindly ask you to cancel our order for the item name, which we made on the same date. The order number is Order number. It appears that we won't be needing it because of the mentioned reason here. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we didn't anticipate this situation. Please confirm that you received our cancellation request. Also, please refund our deposit. I have enclosed with this letter copies of the invoice and the receipt for your own reference.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Download this Order cancellation letter template now!
For more? Just search on our website and get instant access to thousands of free and premium legal agreements, business documents, forms, letters, reports, plans, resumes templates used by professionals in your industry. All business templates are easy and quick to find, crafted by professionals, wisely structured, ready-made and intuitive.
The Content Is For informational purposes only, you should Not construe any such information Or other material As legal, tax, investment, financial, Or other advice. Nothing contained On our Site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, Or offer by Bizzlibrary Or any third party service provider To buy Or sell any securities Or other financial instruments In this Or In In any other jurisdiction In which such solicitation Or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws Of such jurisdiction.
Krista Price - USA
Great file, provided good example document for what I need
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents