An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What kind of work does a plumber do?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Plumber?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship.
- 2+ years of experience as a plumber.
- Valid plumbing license.
- Good working knowledge of water supply, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- Physical dexterity.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Plumber job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Plumber Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Chun Rogers - DEU
Very grateful, I will bookmark the site.
Cordelia Townsend - USA
This is very helpful file for my life
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.