Product Manager Job Description
How to you write a Product Manager job description? What are the Product Manager's roles and responsibilities? Download this Product Manager Job Description
.docx (0.02 MB)
A job description is often a candidate's first introduction to your business. Therefore, it's important to do everything you can to ensure a good first impression. This sample job description will also introduce to them the most important aspects of a job and its requirements.
How to you write a Product Manager job description?
When writing a job description you need to be as thorough as possible. The reader should know exactly what you're looking for and whether they're the right person for the job. Your description needs:
- Job Title: The Job Title is a brief description (1-4 words) of the job which reflects the content, purpose, and scope of the job and is consistent with other job titles of similar roles within your company.
- Job Purpose: The Job Purpose gives a good overview of the role, level, and scope of responsibility. It should consist of three or four sentences providing a basic understanding. Explain exactly what the job entails.
- Duties and Responsibilities: This section contains a description of the duties and responsibilities assigned to the job; also referred to as the essential functions. They describe the fundamental nature of the job which occupies a large proportion of the employee’s time. Some items to consider:
- Include explanatory phrases which tell why, how, where, or how often the tasks and duties are performed.
- Also, focus on the outcome of tasks.
- Reference areas of decision-making, where they might or will influence or impact.
- Identify areas of direct or indirect accountabilities.
- Describe the level of their responsibilities.
- Describe the nature of the contact, the people they will, and the extent to which they will interact with others.
- List job duties that reflect the position requirements and ensure they are not based upon the capabilities of any one individual.
After downloading this sample letter and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your IT manager's job description. If this isn't the right document that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Angelica Chung - DEU
I am happily surprised with the document, thank you.
Minda Bentley - NZL
Great job description template!
Arlie Goodman - AUS
Thanks for helping me with such a useful file
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?