Service Dispatcher Job Description
How do you write a Service Dispatcher job description? What does a Service Dispatcher do? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Service Dispatcher job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a Service Dispatcher job description?
A Service Dispatcher assists the daily business operations by scheduling, coordinating, and dispatching technicians. Their duties include relaying messages, communicating with teams, addressing customer inquiries, and maintaining records of service requests. They are strong communicators, organized, and adept at multi-tasking. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What does a Service Dispatcher do?
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task
- Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
- Knowledge of industry is recommended but not required
- Computer skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Take incoming customer calls.
- Schedule and coordinate all service calls as calls are received.
- Create dispatch ticket for all service calls.
- Dispatch Service Technicians, one call at a time.
- Dispatch Service Technicians from home to first call.
- Debrief Service Technicians after completion of each call.
- Respond to all messages left overnight.
- Maintain the dispatch board / schedule.
- Forecast workload for 2 – 3 days out
- Contact customers with a “Parts Pending” status as parts are received for scheduling.
- Follow up on all pending and recommended work with customer utilizing the pending work log.
- Maintain the maintenance agreements, including billing, scheduling, and staging of materials, database information, customer hard files and renewals.
- Help Service Manager with marketing issues as directed.
- Order parts for special orders.
- Forward list of parts used by technicians to warehouse for truck restock.
- Update customer files as information is received from installation. (Extended warranties, equipment info, new customers, Birthday tickler file, etc.)
- Type service contract proposals for new customers
- Maintain on call schedule, to include 1st on call and standby technician
- Maintain customer history files in database
- File service orders
- Prepare paperwork for all manufacture warranty parts
- Facilitate return of warranty parts
- Update service database from service ticket
- Maintain service invoice log
- Compare service timecards and work orders to service schedule.
- Compare time cards to GPS Report
- Check service time cards for accuracy
- Pull checks and charge slips and compare to invoices.
- Forward checks and payments to accounting.
- Happy calls / customer surveys.
- Calculate reporting information and enter into 8 For 10 database.
- Other duties as assigned
By using this Service Dispatcher job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Service Dispatcher job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Calista Arroyo(12/29/2021) - DEU
Will use the website more and recommended it to my friends.
Marcene Paul(12/29/2021) - AUS
Penny Hendrix(12/29/2021) - NZL
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description