Artistic Director Job Description
What is the role of an artistic director in theatre? Find out and download Artistic Director Job Description right now!
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An artistic director oversees all the tasks and activities of a theatre, he also oversees the people working in the theatre including the production manager, artists, dress designers, stage managers, and make-up artists. He also assesses and selects the appropriate performance that will be broadcast, recruits the performers and actors that will take part in the play or performance.
What is the role of an Artistic Director?
Below are mentioned the duties of an artistic director in a theater:
- Recruitment of the performer, artists, show directors, dress designers, stage managers, and actors for the theatre.
- Conduction of the rehearsals and the performance.
- Assessment of abilities and skills of the actors and performers.
- Selection of the program and creation of it by implementing his expertise and engaging all the staff efficiently in the program.
- making a schedule of the production and following it.
- Management of the budget of the theatre and collaboration with different sponsoring companies and funding agencies.
- Occasionally an artistic director can also direct the show and performance.
- Helps in script making and sending it to the relevant actors.
- Organizes and manages the activity of each person in the theatre.
Artistic Director Job Description:
If you are a hiring agency, and looking for immediate hire, but don’t have the time to draft the job description, we got your back. Here is written a sample job description that you may use in your job post.
The Artistic Director (AD) is responsible for developing and implementing the artistic vision and focus of The Weekend Theater. The AD works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to ensure that The Weekend Theater is guided by its mission and credo and realizes its goals for artistic excellence, community service, education, financial stability, fundraising, and audience engagement. The AD is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors. The AD reports directly to The Board of Directors, works in close association with the Executive Director, and the Technical Director. This is a volunteer position with variable hours, including nights and weekends.
- Recruits oversee and mentor artistic personnel, including directors, performers, designers, and stage managers.
- Recruits oversee and mentor key technical personnel, including the Production Manager and Technical Director.
- Designs implements and evaluates workshops and classes in theater disciplines, with a particular focus on educational programs.
- With Executive Committee develops production budgets and marketing strategies to present to the Board of Directors for final approval.
- Acts as a spokesperson for The Weekend Theater’s artistic purpose via speaking engagements, public and social appearances, and, as requested, at fundraising events and solicitations.
- Fosters the development of good relations with other cultural organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate.
- Reports to the Board of Directors regularly to give an update on artistic activity at a monthly meeting.
- Responsible for the maintenance of written procedures manual for directors and production staff.
- Directs at least one production per season.
- Works with the Play Selection Committee to choose each season of plays and presents to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Works with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to coordinate donor development and fundraising activities to ensure The Weekend Theater’s financial stability and promote sustainability.
Download the complete Artistic Director Job Description in MS word file. Don’t forget to share with your colleagues in need. Head towards bizzlibrary.com for more useful documents.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Rhoda Black(11/30/2021) - NZL
Minerva Conway(11/30/2021) - AUS
**** Thanks for the document
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description