An effective and compelling bidding job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional tender job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this proposal or bidding manager job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How do you become a Proposal Manager?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing an outstanding job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Proposal Manager?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for the position of Proposal or Bid Manager:
- Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes.
- Coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Ability to coach sales teams in persuasive writing and proposal best practice.
- Proposal automation software (or similar) experience.
- Document template management in line with company branding.
- Strong time management / prioritization skills.
- Strong written English language skills.
- Strong academic background or successfully completed the Bid and Proposal Apprenticeship.
- APMP Foundation (Practitioner or Professional level desirable).
- APMP Capture Practitioner desirable.
- Advanced MS Word / PowerPoint skills & proficient in MS Office / Adobe InDesign.
Since well defined bidding/tender/proposal management descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Proposal Manager job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Bid or Proposal Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Madge Skinner - NZL
Thanks for providing this file
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process