Copywriter Editor Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Copywriter? What are the duties of a Copywriter? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective copywriting and editing job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How do you write a job description for a Copywriter?
A Copywriter is responsible for producing compelling content for various channels such as websites, print advertisements, and catalogs. Their duties include preparing engaging written text and editing and proofreading their content for accuracy and quality. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties of a Copywriter?
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice.
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements.
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages).
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews.
- Edit and proofread copy as needed.
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach.
- Source images and other content.
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role.
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (SMM).
- Strong research skills.
- Strong, proficient in English (Academic English, Legal English, etc)
- Collaborative spirit.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
By using this Copywriter job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Copywriter job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Marissa French - GBR
I bookmarked the website and downloaded the document
Emilio Dickerson - DEU
Keep on the good work.