Landlords often want to screen prospective tenants, before making a rental agreement. Since they often have a choice, which tenants to accept, they will have to bring bad news to the other tenants. It's polite to send a letter with the reason(s) rent denied to those who were not chosen for renting the property.
How to deny a lease application in a polite way?
There are several reasons why rent applications can be denied by the landlord or agency. When you want to draft a polite notice rejecting application for rent or lease, you can use the following rejection reasons:
What are acceptable reasons for a landlord to deny renting?
We regret to inform you that your application has been rejected due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Application was incomplete
- You were party to an eviction
- Employment details were insufficient Landlord details were insufficient
- You were party to a bankruptcy
- Undisclosed pet details
- Insufficient income to meet qualifying standard
- Low credit score
- Multiple lease applications were received
- Negative report from previous landlord
- Pets are not accepted by owner
- Report of overdue debts and obligations
- Premises is no longer available for rent
- Negative credit report
- more reasons rent denied in the letter template
If you need more proof regarding the income situation, you can still provide an option to let them provide those in the coming days. It's best to politely state a thank you for submitting the rental application to you.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Useful letter with good reasons why rent application is denied
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.