Retail Supervisor Job Description
How do I write a Retail Supervisor Job Description? Download this Retail Supervisor Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Retail Supervisor job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Retail Supervisor?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Manage retail staff, among which includes people working on the floor, and the cashiers.
- Meet financial goals by analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions in preparing an annual budget; formulating pricing policies and scheduling expenditures.
- Make sure pricing is correct.
- Work on store displays.
- Attend trade shows in order to identify new services and products.
- Recruit, Coach, counsel, discipline and train employees.
- Evaluate self-on-the-job performance, as well as other staff.
- Identify market trends that appeal to customers.
- Ensure products are clean and ready to be displayed.
- Approve contracts with store vendors.
- Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock.
- Analyze financial statements in order to enhance profit making opportunities.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and in tune with company’s standards.
- Utilize computers to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
- Make sure that health and safety measures are met.
- Monitor local competitors.
- Ensure that hours of operation are in compliance with local laws.
- Maintain health and safety measures and store’s cleanliness.
- Excellent written, oral, and verbal communication skills.
- Must have PC skills, including the ability to use database marketing and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to drive.
- Must be able to work for at least 6-8 hours a day.
- Bi-lingual skills is an advantage.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Retail Supervisor job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Retail Supervisor Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Donn Braun - NZL
Thank you for the Doc!
Mitzi Shaffer - USA
Happy with this document.
Kerri Mccullough - USA
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.