An effective job description is vital when finding suitable staff. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What are job descriptions?
Job Descriptions, or Job listings are very important as it is one of the most popular ways of informing job seekers of a new job opening and to invite suitable applicants to apply for the job. How can a job opening be filled if no one is aware of the job vacancy? In old times job listings were done mostly in the newspapers, but in today’s world most job vacancy is posted online. Job listings can have a number of other names which includes a job ad, job advert, job advertisement, job announcement, employment ad, hiring ad, recruitment ad etc. When preparing a job listing there are some important points that need to be included.
- Full job title should be stated at the top of the listing clearly and accurately.
- A brief but meaningful summary of the job description must be clearly stated.
- A general introduction which includes the company’s name, address and contact number should be listed.
- Benefits, salary and other perks that comes with the job position should be stated.
- All duties and responsibilities of the job position must be clearly stated.
- All required skills, experience and qualification of a successful candidate must be listed.
- Contact details of the hiring person or other persons that will be following up with the job listing should be stated.
- Include any other important details you see fit to mention for the job listing position.
How do you write a Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
Advantages of using pre designed job description listing templates are listed below:
- Inspires to make an effective and complete job description.
- Saves valuable time of having to prepare job listing from scratch.
- Decrease the work-load and stress of having to prepare job listing from scratch.
- Helps to prevent and eliminate mistakes as most job listing is usually prepared by professionals.
- It saves cost as instead of paying someone with the skills and qualification to prepare the job listing needed as it can be easily downloaded for free or at a minimal cost.
- It gives your business a professional presentation, is usually well laid-out and organized as it is prepared mostly by professionals.
- Some job listing may need to follow certain standards, meet certain criteria or formats that a person without certain skills and qualifications might not have knowledge of.
By using a job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Dionna Bird - GBR
Thank you for the letter!!
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?