A condolence speech is made when someone loses their loved ones or goes through some heavy loss. In condolence speech, you pay your sympathies to a person and try to calm them through your kind words. Condolence must be made to show to the person that you also can feel their pain and hence that person is not alone in the journey of hardships. Most of the time, condolence speeches are made to calm a person and encourage him to not lose hope in times of hardships. Tell them that you stand with them through every thick and thin.
What to say in a condolence speech?
When you are compiling a condolence speech or letter, for a loved one, always remember the following points in your mind:
- Write your honest sympathies;
- Write down a good trait of the deceased person;
- Remind the recipient of all the good qualities of the deceased one;
- Remember to share a good memory of you with the departed soul;
- Always offer your all-time availability to help;
- End the letter with a sympathetic expression.